Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Caller ID

One of the MANY times my phone rang yesterday, I was busy. Okay, many of the times that it rang I was busy. But this one time, as I checked my caller ID and hit "ignore" again, I had a thought. We work our lives a lot like we work our phones. So many times when we don't want to hear something, we just hit 'ignore'. I wonder how many blessings I have missed by hitting the ignore button. I wonder how many you have missed. I wonder how many times that our Father has tried to get through to us, only to have us ignore Him. Too many to count, I am sure. We are all so busy running our own lives the way we think is best. If we were to just ask for and receive His guidance, life would be much simpler for us all.
It isn't always easy to listen to the LORD and to be obedient. In fact, it is almost NEVER easy. But it is always worth it. And when we do it we are always blessed and He is always glorified!
Promise yourself that today when He calls, no matter how busy you are, you will take the time to answer Him and hear Him and follow Him. If you don't, you may miss a blessing and a chance to glorify your LORD! But be encouraged, He is merciful and will always continue to call us, right up until our last breath.
Trusting in HIM,
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! I have wondered this very same thing Shirley. Many times we just walk on or turn away when God has a blessing right under our nose. How many times have I failed in that area, but he still loves us.

    ReplyDelete