Thursday, May 27, 2010

It seems that my biggest trials come when I'm not doing very well anyway. Just when I am spiritually struggling a brand new trial...a big one...smacks me right square in the face.
Our oldest has been diagnosed as bi-polar. Just like me. My fear is that he will turn out, just like me. They also say that he has been diagnosed with several other things that I really don't need to go into. The point is that right now isn't the best time for me.I found myself asking why? Why would God...the God who loves him enough to die for him......allow him to have such disorder. What's HE thinking up there?
After some prayer and tears and then more tears and prayer...I have come to the conclusion that He's thinking that He's making my boys into exactly what He created them to be. No matter what any Doctor has to say, they WILL fulfill HIS purpose for them. There is no such thing as a disorder. We are all different from everybody else. Life is what we make it. And He gives us what we need to make it a great one!
NO more tears. I am encouraged that He is in control.
I pray that you will be encouraged with me today!
Trusting in Him...even when it's hard,
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Way before there were doctors to define and label "disorders" there was a God who knew exactly how to create a life , a body that could fulfill the ultimate mission of His will ~ to glorify His name. Sometimes we let ourselves get so wrapped up in a diagnosis that we mummify our child in layers of "he wont be able to do this" or " thats going to be impossible for her". We define their life by their "disorder". Labels are pointless and useless, God is in control no matter what...kids with ADHD, ADD and Autism have existed for thousands of years, God knows what He is doing. There is nothing "wrong" with these kids, God is just easier to see in them. Look at Moses, he tried to use his "disorder" as an excuse to be found unworthy, I love God's reply "And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
    (Exodus 4:10-12) " We are created in the image of God, there is nothing imperfect about us, sometimes though God needs us to be blind so others can see, deaf so others can hear, lame so others can walk. He has a plan. The exciting thing is wondering what amazing things He's gonna do with *****.Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete