Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Have you ever had a very well meaning person take you on as their personal project?
Unfortunately, I have. As a matter of fact, I have that very thing going on in my life right now. It seems that no matter what I do, she knows a way to improve on it. I mean it is everything I do; cleaning, laundry, parenting, marriage, finances... the list goes on. While she may be right about a lot of it and she may have some good points and good advice, I am not a project and I REALLY don't like being treated like one!
This makes me think about (and appreciate) our Heavenly Father. While we may not yet be all that He wants us to be, He doesn't force us to change. He isn't pushy. He is quiet and gentle with us. He patiently guides us along and slows down when we need to slow down and He speeds up as we are able. He doesn't make us feel bad about ourselves or make us feel guilty for not being all we could be for Hem. He doesn't condemn us. He encourages us to grow in Him and He gives us His Spirit to help us to accomplish anything!
I am proud to be the project of the LORD! I am encouraged that He would take the time and make the effort to help me to be all He wants me to be!
If you have someone in your life who has made it their goal to "fix" you, try to remember that the only opinion that matters is His and He is the only one who is able to truly "fix" the things that need fixing in us. Be proud to be His project. And be encouraged with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment